Sponsor

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Writer's Digest Conference

I had an enjoyable time at the Writer's Digest 2015 Conference. It was a pleasure to be in the company of so many writers and to listen to such dynamic and inspirational speakers like Jacqueline Woodson and Jonathan Maberry. And of course the icing on the cake was being in New York. That place is the writer's prompts heaven in my opinion. 
There was an enormous amount of book offerings. But one gem off the table was this book by Donald Maass, The Breakout Novelist--How To Craft Novels That Stand Out And Sell. I was and am in the process of editing a book. However when I picked up the before-mentioned book and started reading a few chapters, a light went off in my head. There's a lot of work to do on my own book. The Breakout Novelist is not so much a hand holding how-to book, but a very excellent guide post. 
It is a good idea for all of us struggling novelists to read about writing and to read as much as possible about writing.



I would like to see for next year, maybe a few longer sessions focused on the mechanics of social media, or have some sessions run just a tad longer. 
If you were an attendee, what are your thoughts on the conference?

No comments:

Post a Comment